Tuesday, February 09, 2010

What do I do now?

I have to confess, I MISS WORK!!

I miss my routine morning coffee.
I miss the green scrubs.
I miss my stethoscope.
I miss the needles
I miss juicy fat veins
I miss the smell of alcohol rub...hmm...
I miss the beeping of the monitors
I miss the adrenaline rush whenever I hear the trauma calls
I miss signing off the prescription chart
I miss hearing patients/relatives saying thank you doc
I miss nice nurses and doctors

What I don't miss...
I don't miss ward rounds at all
I don't miss the bleeps
I don't miss not being able to sleep when I want to
I don't miss certifying death
I don't miss breaking bad news
I don't miss nightmare patients/relatives
I don't miss poking patient's eyes with green needles

I just miss being myself. It is difficult to identify myself without a job...it is quite ironic as I've been saying that it is just a job...which it still is...I just didn't quite realise how much I depend on it...(financially..goes without saying), but also for my own sanity and confidence. I definitiely do not want to be one of those people who breathes and lives because of their job...the only thing is I'm not sure if it possible to have a balanced lifestyle working here in Malaysia as a doctor. Maybe as a consultant or reg...but I have yet to hear a good word from any of my doctor friends here. LOADS of horror stories...yes...never a good word. Call me chicken, lembik whatever....but I am a person who cannot stand being bullied(not anymore) and I wish to love my job, not hate it to death. I either will shout back or cry if I'm shouted at (and apparently we are supposed to just stay as quiet as a mouse or only say you're sorry for whatever reason you're being shouted at). 8 months of that in Singapore and that was enough to send me packing to New Zealand.

I don't know if I can do that again...

*Life is just too short to be unhappy*

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 09, 2010 5:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi minime..been following your blog since 2008...anyway congrats on your wedding...where do u live in kl btw? try to enjoy being a fulltime housewife while u still can :)keep up the good writing!*cheers*

 
At Tuesday, February 09, 2010 7:04:00 AM, Blogger soulsearcher said...

hi ina, dpt url blog ko di FB.nice writing.huhu..couldn't agree more!!pathetic malaysian people. not only doctor..same goes to new nurses, radiographer & so on.-sya-

 
At Tuesday, February 09, 2010 8:48:00 AM, Blogger miniME said...

Hi Anon! Thank you for the wish n for dropping by my humble blog. Now I'm in Cheras and enjoying my freedom..hehe...

Sya!! thanks...kan betul kan...heads up for anyone who are still in the system and still manage to keep their integrity and sanity. Not so much respect for anyone who 'balas dendam' to the juniors just becuase they've been through hell themselves.

 
At Wednesday, February 10, 2010 4:50:00 AM, Blogger Juanna Omar said...

Assalamualaikum Hazrina,

Best blog kitak. Doktor senang dpt kerja. Kitak mudak gik. Boleh part-time di klinik selain full-time di hospital. Mun kitak di Kuching dpt kamek rekomen kitak locum di Klinik Bustari. Sebagus2nya kerja di hospital utk beberapa thn seblom kitak set up your own. Experience ya penting skali. Buli ya besa di tempat kerja. Take it as a challenge to make you a better person (doctor).

PS. Mun cikgu sakit boleh jumpa kitak klak. All the best to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home