Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A bundle of burden

I can't believe I've never read 'Little Women' before this...where HAVE I been???

I'm halfway there...please please don't tell me how Beth dies...she dies right?

********************************************************************************

I'm in the middle of the City of Destruction....eerily quiet and deserted. Can't seem to see the way out, piles of rubbles everywhere....hazy and the smoke hurts my eyes. It's even more difficult to breathe, the air is so thick with dust and toxic gases...and what's that rotten stench? I puked...and puked all my guts. Disgusting...

As I lean forward to feel the stone in front I felt sharp stabs at the back, multiple stabs....sharp, piercing stabs. What (or who) the hell was that??? Thought I heard familiar voices laughing...maybe I'm paranoid. AM I?

My bundle of burden is getting heavier these days...thought I've unloaded the lot...but they keep piling in. I put some spring in my steps....climbing up and up...all the while thinking of the Celestial City build up in my mind.

WHy do we do that?? carry our burden and go through hell hoping the piles of crap we carry will help build our life in the future? Why don't I just let go of the bundle and run away? DON'T go to City of Destruction...find the happy place...LIVE NOW! is that impossible?

I'm still carrying it...not running..still climbing....holding on....maybe the Celestial City does exist....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home