Thursday, August 07, 2008

There is no secret ingredient...

There's something about watching the same cartoon three times, and twice on the same day...

I LOVE KUNG-FU PANDA!!!

I watched it the first time on the 1st day it was released in the land of Merlion. Then, my dad has been saying he wanted to watch that movie, so I bought the DVD for him. Managed to persuade my aunties to watch it today after lunch, so I sat with my two aunties and watched it for the second time...

"THERE'S NO CHARGE FOR AWESOMENESS OR ATTRACTIVENESS!" -PO-

Then tonight....right now...my parents are watching the same DVD. It's still funny!! I love Jack Black!! He's so funny!! his personality and humour can really be seen in Po - the big fat panda :p
Now...watching it for the third time...haha... (I need to get a job...FAST!!)

"ONE OFTEN MEET HIS DESTINY ON THE VERY PATH HE TAKES TO AVOID IT..." - MASTER OOGUAY-

I sure hope I'm not running away or avoiding something...more like searching for something. Hmm...I sense melancholic thought coming...stop stop stop

"YESTERDAY IS HISTORY, TOMORROW IS MYSTERY...AND TODAY IS A GIFT... THAT'S WHY IT'S CALL THE PRESENT..." -MASTER OOGUAY-

For the fear of becoming tv/movie/cartoon freak....I'm gonna stop memorising the cartoon lines.

I'm going back to bed and finish the book 'Eat, Pray, Love : One woman search for everything' by Elizabeth Gilbert. Full of wit and genuine wisdom from experience...I love this book so much that this is the second time I'm reading it this year. It's spooky...it's like reading about myself in the past and present....and maybe I'm reading my future too. Not saying that I'll leave my job and meditate for months in Indian ashram, learning Yoga and becoming vegetarian...and I pray I won't have to go through divorce and depression(I don't think I'm strong enough for that)...although I do really fancy taking off to Italy learning Italian, eating pasta, pizza and cheese...and maybe get myself a yummy Italian eye candy...hmmm...that's a thought... It's just the author really understand how vulnerable some woman can be, thinking that she is strong and independent, and knows what she wants in life...only to find that she is not all that.

To find balance in life, to find peace within myself...that's what I need now. Elizabeth Gilbert (the author) went to Italy, India and Indonesia to find her peace...which she did...

Marvellous and clever...this memoir. It really makes me want to EAT, PRAY AND LOVE!!! and TRAVEL!!! more and more!!!

Well...I'm no Elizabeth Gilbert...but this is my own journey...Scotland-Singapore-? what next?

3 Comments:

At Friday, August 08, 2008 1:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

next stop - USA?

lotslove
km

 
At Friday, August 08, 2008 4:31:00 PM, Blogger miniME said...

One of the many stops KM!!! hehe...let me feed the bank first ok ^_^ love you too!!

 
At Monday, August 11, 2008 3:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey haz! sorry we couldnt catch up before you left....
Just want u to know i read the book! :)
Hope u doing alright
Anne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home